Middle Backend Software Engineer (Golang/ Go) - Fully Remote Job
RemoteAlmaty, Almaty, KazakhstanTechnology
About the company
Openprovider is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2004 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Now we are a team of 70+ people, working fully remotely from all over the world. All Openprovider employees work on a fully remote basis and without any geographical limitations. You don’t have to go to the office each day and deal with traffic or painful commutes. All you need is yourself, a laptop, and a cup of coffee. We support a healthy work/life balance and constantly strive to improve this aspect more and more every day. We support a flexible schedule and are 100% performance and result-oriented. Thanks to a combination of experience and expertise, we enable data-driven decision-making.
We are seeking a skilled Middle Backend Software Engineer to join our team and provide support in managing back-end processes. As a Middle Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing high-level software that meets our business requirements.
About the projects
You will be joining a Technology department and working with our main products: RCP (Reseller Control Panel), which is the main user interface our customers interact with; Domains & DNS, including all domain-related features like domain registration, domain checker, domain transfers and trades, domain related APIs; and integrations with third-party platforms like WHMCS, Blesta, etc.
Design and develop the software for our domain's business using Golang/ Go.
In-depth knowledge and experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
Design and implement software solutions that ensure scalability, security, and maintainability.
Familiarity with source control (GitHub, Bitbucket), bug tracking systems (JIRA), continuous integration (Jenkins), packaging, and deployment (Docker).
Experience in software development based on common agile application development methodologies, TDD/BDD/Scrum/Kanban.
Actively participate in quality assurance activities including design and code reviews, unit testing, defect fixes, and operational readiness.
Design and implement APIs and services that provide a strong and stable platform that can be leveraged by our customers.
Maintain security across all system processes and maintain ISO 27001 security protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 3+ years of experience in software development in Go.
- Strong experience in API development and API management tools, particularly in REST and GRPC.
- Strong experience in SaaS solution delivery adoption frameworks.
- Experienced in PHP 7+, PHP modern frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Yii, etc.)
- Understanding and usage of SOLID, GRASP, Design patterns, etc.
- Experienced with Docker, PHPUnit
- Experienced with databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL), message brokers (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Enthusiasms for learning and using new technologies.
- Good level of spoken English.
- Back-end: PHP 7+, Symfony, PHPUnit for Core API, and some services.
- Back-end: Go for new services
- Front-end: Angular 1 and PHP Slim for old services
- Front-end: React for new services
- MySQL, and PostgreSQL as databases
- Elastic search, Redis as cache
- RabbitMQ as a message broker
- Github, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
- PHPUnit, Jenkins, Drone CI
- Docker, Kubernetes, GKE
- Prometheus, Grafana
- GCP, AWS
What we offer
- 100% remote work (you can work from any location, no need to go to the office);
- Paid time off and sick leave;
- International team and regular online and offline events to stay connected;
- Internal workshops, and knowledge-sharing sessions;
- Quarterly review and annual salary review;
- Flexible working hours (we don`t have time trackers, we are a result-oriented company);
- We are an ISO 27001-certified remote workplace.