Lead Backend Developer (Fully Remote Work)
About the company
Openprovider is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2004 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Now we are a team of 67 people, working fully remotely from the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Sri Lanka, India, and Philippines.
About the team
Our software development team develops an Openprovider API and our core platform called Reseller Control Panel (RCP).
We are currently building two more completely new development teams to build and create new products and functionality for our RCP.
Create new features, improve performance, refactor and maintain back-end for Reseller Control Panel (RCP)
Take ownership of a few back-end services (improve and maintain them)
Improve documentation for RCP back-end and owned back-end services
Make code review of team members
- 5 years experience of back-end development using PHP
- Experienced leading / manage a team (ideally cross-functional teams) is a plus
- Senior level of PHP programming skills
- Experienced in PHP 7+, PHP modern frameworks (Symfony, Laravel)
- Knowledgeable of REST API principles
- Understanding and usage SOLID, GRASP, Design patterns, etc.
- Experienced with Docker, PHPunit
- Experienced with databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL), message brokers (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Extensive expertise with GoLang will be a huge plus.
- Fluent in English
- PHP 7+, Symphony, PHPunit for Core API, and some services
- Golang for new services
- MySQL, PostgreSQL as databases
- Elastic search, Redis as cache
- RabbitMQ as a message broker
- Git, Github, Jira, Confluence
- PHPUnit, Jenkins, Drone CI
- Docker, Kubernetes, GKE
- Prometheus, Grafana
- Full-time position, 40 hours/week
- Fully Remote work
- International team and regular online events to stay connected
- Internal hackathons, workshops, and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Quarterly review and annual salary review
- Annual bonus
Our core values: