Openprovider is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2004 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Now we are a team of 67 people, working fully remotely from the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Sri Lanka, India, and the Philippines.
Frontend Web Developer will join the Marketing team of Openpprovider and will report to the Head of Marketing. The Marketing team is a part of the Commercial department at Openprovider and currently includes Content Manager, Brand Manager, Community Specialist, and Online Marketing Data Analyst.
About the role
Frontend web developer will be responsible for designing, coding, and modifying websites, from layout to function. The Frontend web developer should strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation across mobile platforms to help potential customers to inform themselves about our products and services when being on the road.
Creating landing pages using clear code and standard HTML/CSS practices;
Working closely with UI/UX designers, copywriters, but also any other colleague, to estimate and produce the needed web pages in the given time frame;
Maintaining and enhancing plugins and extensions;
Implementing contingency plans (Plesk and Public site backups) and keep website errors free (JS errors) and software updated (WordPress);
Research new ways/techniques of implementing new features to the website in order to generate more leads/traffic and to increase engagement/improve navigation or UIX
Quickly be able to fix any problems that can appear, but better yet: prevent problems;
Update banners on RCP/KB (email signatures, banners);
Align with Online Marketing Data Analyst to keep track of and follow up on website metrics for optimization purposes
- 3-5 Years of experience in WordPress, PHP, HTML
Knowledge and work experience of the CMS;
Experience in creating new blocks from Figma design and write a style for them;
PHP Experience to be able to work with WordPress Core.
Knowledge of ReactJS (WordPress Admin Panel)
Understanding the WordPress Theme Structure.
WordPress HTML/CSS knowledge in order to create Themes and Responsive Pages.
Knowledge and experience with WordPress plug-ins.
Must be able to create HTML/CSS pages,
Must be able to use the Inspect Panel.
- Design skills: in the world of marketing, it can’t be all about text. It also involves a well-designed visual appearance, have an understanding for design aesthetics, but also UX design;
- Analytic skills: must have knowledge and experience in A/B testing, data collecting and data analysis on performance insights
- Commercial: thinking and acting from opportunities, design to appeal and to convert;
- Empathetic: understanding the target audience and what creatively appeals the most to the target audience and adjust creative designs to trigger and to motivate the target audience to take the preferred action;
- Result-oriented (sales-driven): focusing actions and decisions on the actual realization of intended results;
- Communicative: able to make clear opinions, ideas, and complicated matters in understandable language, internally and externally;
- Enthusiastic: have a passion for design, but also sales and marketing;
- Proactive: If something doesn’t work, take initiative to propose a solution;
- Perseverance: never give up, always keep striving for the best for the target audience.