About the company
Openprovider is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2004 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Now we are a team of 65 people, working fully remotely from the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, Sri Lanka, India, Poland (we add new locations every year).
All Openprovider employees work on a fully remote basis and without any geographical limitations. You don’t have to go to the office each day and deal with traffic or painful commutes. All you need is yourself, a laptop and a cup of coffee.
We support a healthy work/life balance and constantly strive to improve this aspect more and more every day. We support a flexible schedule and are 100% performance and result-oriented.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Financial Controller who will be an essential part of the Finance team, helping us with the following tasks:
- Daily accounting activities for 6 Dutch entities and 4 International (ES/RU/IN/Canada);
- Preparation of month and year end closing and assisting the CFM;
- Being responsible for preparing monthly and yearly Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and all required (Intercompany) reconciliations (and maintaining all relevant supporting schedules and processes).
Prepare and ensure accurate and timely recording of journal entries, accruals, prepayments and fixed assets entries across multiple (international) entities;
Creating and reviewing reconciliations and lead schedules for all balances included in the balance sheet and relevant profit & loss accounts and follow-up on any open items or unreconciled items;
Prepare reporting to the relevant authorities;
Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies;
Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions.
Further development of the Internal Control Framework;
Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
Focus on business margins and outcomes.
Focus on Budgeting, Annual operating plans and performance on a monthly basis.
Bachelor degree in Finance (HBO);
5 years of relevant experience;
Experience of working in a Dutch company, understanding the laws in the Netherlands;
Excellent MS Excel skills; Google Suite
Strong communication skills in English both oral and written, Dutch and Spanish would be desirable;
Experience with IFRS and Twinfield is preferred;
Excellent analytical skills and an ability to learn quickly;
A self-starter with strong team skills. You have great time management skills, the ability to prioritise and multitask. Problem solving comes naturally to you.
- Full-time employment (32-40 hours a week);
- Paid holidays and sick leave;
- 100% Remote job (you can work from any location in the Netherlands);
- Flexible working hours (we don`t have time trackers, we are a result-oriented company);
- International team and regular online events to keep each other connected;
- Company Laptop (MacBook).