1st Line Support Engineer, Dutch-speaker (Fully Remote job)
About the company
Openprovider is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2004 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Our team is currently 67 strong, working fully remotely from the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka.
At Openprovider we love IT in everything we do. One of our core values is actually: ‘Enjoy what you do, and do what you enjoy’, and it really shows! More and more of our clients have great feedback to give us and are engaging in long-term partnerships. We have not stopped growing from the very beginning and are in the process of becoming one of the largest domain & SSL wholesalers in Europe.
Show us what you are capable of and join the team! We’re bananas about domains and our doors are always OPEN.
About the team
We're a team of support professionals located across the globe in the Netherlands, Spain, Russia, and India, split into 1st line (mostly busy with quick, customer-facing tasks) and 2nd line (doing more lengthy techy things).
We're making our customers happy by ensuring they can solve issues themselves through self-service and providing them fast and effective solutions where needed.
Our main job now is building the Knowledge Base, developing self-service tools for ourselves and customers, as well as growing our people's expertise to tackle more complex tasks on support level. We're looking for a self-organized, passionate support specialist, who is hungry to learn, figure out complicated things, loves communicating with people, and want to grow technical expertise
About the role
Mission: Grow Openprovider as a self-service platform while delivering the best quality support in the branch.
- Ensure Openprovider service availability and customers’ satisfaction by resolving customers’ issues quickly and correctly, properly assessing and timely escalating the rest to the right people
- Maintain and improve knowledge base increasing self-service for internal and external customers
- Improve internal processes and generate automation proposals to reduce support workload
- Work according to the KCS guidelines in order to contribute towards the goals of “0 Support”.
Competences / Mindset:
- Native in Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Technical Support
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Accountability for his/her work and actions
- Ability to search, gather, structure, and systematise new and existing knowledge well and put it on paper
- Empathy with peers and customers
- Managing others' expectations
- Proactiveness in day-to-day operations & communications with peers and customers
- Politeness and patience in communications with peers and customers
- Being able to multitask (phone, chat, email) and stay focused on daily work
- Able to understand and assess the impact of an issue accordingly and escalate it to the correct department if necessary
- Capacity and willingness to learn and improve his/her soft/hard skills and techniques
- Ability and desire to work efficiently without direct supervision
Nice to have:
- Experience in the web domains industry
- Ability to read and understand DNS zones / DNS resolving / nameservers
- Spamexperts / Mailservers / mailheaders
- Understanding of Plesk licenses / management
- Experience with writing custom API based scripts
- Ability to read (API) logs
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Written and spoken Spanish would be a big advantage
- Fully Remote job,
- Working hours: 9.00 - 17.30 CET
- Company laptop (MacBook),
- International team.